Five fool-proof strategies to help you stick to a fitness regime
Today I have another great guest post for you from a great freelance blogger. Her name is Bella and she is here to talk to you about ways to help you stick to your health and fitness plans!
If you want to change your appearance, you can do it simply or subtly by changing your wardrobe or getting a haircut. But before you start thinking about opting for a cosmetic procedure, one of the healthiest and most effective ways of looking as well as feeling better is to start a new exercise regime.
Regular exercise has a whole heap of benefits, from making you slimmer, stronger and more flexible to boosting your mood, improving your skin and possibly even making you live longer. Getting started on a new fitness regime can be hard work, however, requiring plenty of willpower and motivation. If you want to stick to it and see the results, try these 5 fool-proof tips and strategies for staying motivated and on target:
1. Set yourself realistic short-term and long-term goals. The sense of achievement when you reach a goal can help you to stick with your new lifestyle, but it’s important to be realistic. Be too ambitious at the start and you’ll quit right away, so set yourself achievable short-term goals, cross them off the list and then progress to longer range goals.
2. Make exercise part of your daily routine. To stick to your regime, you need to take exercise seriously and schedule workouts in your day just as you would any other activity. It’s important not to make excuses – simply to make physical activity part of your life.
3. Do activities you enjoy. If you hate an activity, you won’t stick to your new fitness regime. If you find something that you enjoy, such as a competitive sport like badminton or a fun activity like salsa dancing, you are more likely to want to do it each week. You might even discover a new athletic talent. You should never force yourself to do an activity that is painful or uncomfortable because you’ll only start dreading it.
4. Write down your goals, plans and achievements. Seeing your goals, your workout schedule and your progress written down on paper can really help you to see the benefits of what you’re doing and stay motivated.
5. Get a friend or family member involved. If you know someone who also wants to get fitter or lose weight, why not join forces to achieve your goals? Having someone else to motivate and support you, as well as joining in fun activities that you wouldn’t want to do alone, can really help you stay on track.
These are all some GREAT tips to help you stay on track with your health and fitness goals! You have to work hard if you want to reach your goals! Stay focused, stay dedicated, and be patient! The results will NOT come over night. But, when you do start to see the results you will appreciate all the hard work you did to get those results!
What are YOUR health and fitness goals for 2013?
This year, a few good friends of mine and I have decided to participate in AS MANY 5k obstacle races and mud runs as we can!
We are not just joining every random race that we see.
We check out what the race is about and if they donate to a charity.
So far we have 13 races planned for this year and we have already completed 3.
This was a great idea for all of us to plan time to get to see each other.
We all are growing up and creating our lives in cities that are far away from each other.
We love the fact that we can plan things to do with each other. It allows us something to look forward to. AND it also keeps us training in the gym so that we are in shape and able to complete our races. So far our last race of the year will be the hardest!
We will participate in the Tough Mudder which is the BIGGEST mud runs of all mud runs.
If you do not know what Tough Mudder is go to YouTube and see some videos about it!
Setting these kind of activities for you and your friends (or even your family) are fantastic ideas. You all can meet during the week to workout and train for these races. And completing the race is your ultimate goal (and each race you can try to complete it at a better/faster time!)
So what fitness goals do you have set for this year?
If you do not have any you should consider setting at least one!
STOP making excuses.
Why not start today!?
Still have junk food in the house? Donate it to the local food pantry!
There are SO many reasons why you SHOULD start living a healthier lifestyle.
For more energy, to feel better, and to look the way YOU want too.
Wake up and start with a nice quick morning walk.
Then have a nice and simple healthy breakfast
Followed by a healthy lunch and dinner.
If you have time in the evening go out for another brisk walk!
YES IT IS THAT SIMPLE!
What you eat has a HUGE impact on if you will reach your health and fitness goals
Your body is MADE in the kitchen.
Your body is SCULPTED in the gym
What you eat is supposed to fuel your body. Your body needs all the right things in order for it to grow, repair, and lose the weight that you do not want.
You can not eat like crap and try to workout to compensate for all the bad food you eat.
It just does not work that way!
Eat a clean and well-balanced meals during the day
Stay consistent with your healthy eating and fitness plans.
This will allow you to see the results you are working for!
10 Tips to Better Health and Fitness
Today we have Mr. Rod Devreese here to speak about some important key things to keep in mind for those who have recently started a new health and fitness routine. Starting a new routine takes a lot of work, dedication, and patience. You will learn what does and does not work best for YOUR body. Try NOT to compare yourself to those around you because everyone is different! What I personally do may not work for someone else or it may give better/worse results to someone else. It is about trial and error and figuring out YOUR body. The goal is to stay motivated, stay on track with your healthy eating habits, and stick to your regular workout routine. Doing these things will slowly start to show you the results you have been wanting!
Now, lets hear what Mr. Rod Devreese has to say!
If you want to be on your way to better health and fitness, you can follow these tips:
1. Don’t expect to improve your health overnight. It takes time to get used to
changes in your diet and lifestyle. If you are patient, you can succeed.
2. Be happy and the good hormones in your body will defeat cortisol. The latter is
also known as stress hormone. When you are happy, you will feel good. You can
watch funny videos or comedy movies with your friends or family, or you can just
talk about funny things.
3. Your monitor must be slightly above or just about the same level as your eyes.
a monitor that is lower than your eye level is sure to cause shoulder, neck, and
4. Monitor your heart rate especially during workout. A heart rate monitor can be
very useful. You need to use one to ensure that your heart rate is around 75% to
85%. The heart rate must not be too low or too high to get the best result from the
5. Boost your energy level by eating an energy bar or any other food that is rich in
sugar and fiber. Banana is also a great snack before doing any form of exercise.
6. Focus your attention on eating a balanced diet and getting a good exercise rather
than thinking about losing weight. The figures on the scale will not be able to help
7. Before doing any workout, you should do some stretching and other warm-up
exercises. This can prevent injuries. A lot of people tend to ignore this and later
on, they can have muscle injuries.
8. Some people think that aiming for better health and fitness means that a person
no longer needs carbs. This is a common misconception. In fact, you need carbs
to fuel the body and get the needed energy. You need to eat high-fiber foods
like fruits and vegetables, as well as protein sources. This will ensure that
carbohydrates are broken down with ease.
9. If you are the type of person who lacks motivation, you can try working out with a
friend or close member of the family. With a buddy, you will find ‘exercise’ time
cool and lots of fun rather than trying to achieve your fitness goals alone.
10. Routine activities are normal but if you want to be physically fit, you should learn
to be flexible. The freedom to do things as you see fit is a great way to motivate
yourself and to avoid boredom.
Aside from the tips above, you also need to look into diet food plans. If you truly want
to get in shape, there is a need to follow a diet regimen that will work for you. It can be
hard at first but once you get into the habit, you can live a healthier life and be fit.
Rod Devreese is a former collegiate athlete as well as a health & fitness enthusiast who writes on
topics such as diet food plans, exercise, general health, and nutrition at Diet Brand Reviews.
Consistency is KEY!
You HAVE to be consistent with your Diet…
You HAVE to be consistent with your fitness routine…
If you are not consistent you can not expect the results that you would like!
Only YOU can make the right changes to help you achieve your health and fitness goals!
Progress will take time…be patient and KEEP WORKING HARD!