10 Tips to Better Health and Fitness
Today we have Mr. Rod Devreese here to speak about some important key things to keep in mind for those who have recently started a new health and fitness routine. Starting a new routine takes a lot of work, dedication, and patience. You will learn what does and does not work best for YOUR body. Try NOT to compare yourself to those around you because everyone is different! What I personally do may not work for someone else or it may give better/worse results to someone else. It is about trial and error and figuring out YOUR body. The goal is to stay motivated, stay on track with your healthy eating habits, and stick to your regular workout routine. Doing these things will slowly start to show you the results you have been wanting!
Now, lets hear what Mr. Rod Devreese has to say!
If you want to be on your way to better health and fitness, you can follow these tips:
1. Don’t expect to improve your health overnight. It takes time to get used to
changes in your diet and lifestyle. If you are patient, you can succeed.
2. Be happy and the good hormones in your body will defeat cortisol. The latter is
also known as stress hormone. When you are happy, you will feel good. You can
watch funny videos or comedy movies with your friends or family, or you can just
talk about funny things.
3. Your monitor must be slightly above or just about the same level as your eyes.
a monitor that is lower than your eye level is sure to cause shoulder, neck, and
4. Monitor your heart rate especially during workout. A heart rate monitor can be
very useful. You need to use one to ensure that your heart rate is around 75% to
85%. The heart rate must not be too low or too high to get the best result from the
5. Boost your energy level by eating an energy bar or any other food that is rich in
sugar and fiber. Banana is also a great snack before doing any form of exercise.
6. Focus your attention on eating a balanced diet and getting a good exercise rather
than thinking about losing weight. The figures on the scale will not be able to help
7. Before doing any workout, you should do some stretching and other warm-up
exercises. This can prevent injuries. A lot of people tend to ignore this and later
on, they can have muscle injuries.
8. Some people think that aiming for better health and fitness means that a person
no longer needs carbs. This is a common misconception. In fact, you need carbs
to fuel the body and get the needed energy. You need to eat high-fiber foods
like fruits and vegetables, as well as protein sources. This will ensure that
carbohydrates are broken down with ease.
9. If you are the type of person who lacks motivation, you can try working out with a
friend or close member of the family. With a buddy, you will find ‘exercise’ time
cool and lots of fun rather than trying to achieve your fitness goals alone.
10. Routine activities are normal but if you want to be physically fit, you should learn
to be flexible. The freedom to do things as you see fit is a great way to motivate
yourself and to avoid boredom.
Aside from the tips above, you also need to look into diet food plans. If you truly want
to get in shape, there is a need to follow a diet regimen that will work for you. It can be
hard at first but once you get into the habit, you can live a healthier life and be fit.
Rod Devreese is a former collegiate athlete as well as a health & fitness enthusiast who writes on
topics such as diet food plans, exercise, general health, and nutrition at Diet Brand Reviews.