Working towards your health and fitness goals do not require you to completely sacrifice sweet treats. Lets be honest…who doesn’t get a sweet tooth every now and then? And yes it can be hard to ignore those sweet cravings! So what do you do?
Instead of driving yourself crazy and trying to ignore the sweet cravings you should come up with healthy AND tasty alternatives for you have when you are needing something a little sweet. Here is a treat that I personally love to make and usually keep in my freezer just in case I need to grab something sweet.
What you will need:
- ¾ cup peanut butter (I use Skippy natural chocolate peanut butter)
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 scoops vanilla protein powder ( I chose to use 1st Phorm Vanilla Whey. Depending on the brand of protein you may need to use less or more! You will have to adjust your recipe)
What you will do:
- heat up coconut oil and measure out 1/4 cup
- Place all of the above ingredients into a mixing bowl
- mix ingredients until batter is thick and sticky (I added small amounts of almond milk to get the mixture to mix and blend. I literally just added a few tablespoons)
- Once the batter is mixed place in a freezer safe container
- spread batter evenly into container
- place container in freezer and allow to freeze
- once the batter is frozen cut into even squares and enjoy!
NOTE: I stored my protein fudge in the freezer. If thawed out it will just become runny and not thick. Keeping it in the freezer allows it to stay in the fudge chunks. Even though it is frozen, the fudge is very easy to bite into and chew. It is slightly chewy and VERY yummy!
You can get creative and toss in nuts, chocolate chips, or anything else that you would like. But remember, adding those things increase the calorie, carbs, and fat macro nutrient content in this treat. So you want to try to limit what you add to make sure to keep it as healthy as possible.
Like I stated before, this is a great treat to keep around the house to help subdue those sweet cravings you may get. This snack is packed with an amazing taste and is high in protein.
Mix. Freeze. and Enjoy! Let me know how YOUR version of this recipe turns out!